A very warm welcome to the Autumn Term in Year 4. We have been delighted to see how well the children have returned to school focussed and ready to learn. We have lots planned for this term and we hope that the children will enjoy what lies ahead.
We expect the children to do the following tasks:
- Read at least 20 minutes a day and record this in their reading diary which should be handed in daily
- Children will be tested on their times tables at the end of year 4. In order to help children to learn all the tables up to 12 x 12, It is important to complete at least 25 minutes of TT Rockstars a week and if you want to check your times table knowledge, do the Multiplication Check – https://www.timestables.co.uk/multiplication-tables-check/
- Spellings will be given out every Tuesday and should be completed and handed in for the following Tuesday
A few reminders:
- Please make sure that PE kits are in school for the whole week. Children will need jogging bottoms, a sweat shirt and trainers for outdoor PE.
- We have a no jewellery policy in school. For Health and Safety reasons, we ask that children with pierced ears remove their earrings for PE lessons. Our PE lessons will be on Thursdays and Fridays
- Reading Diaries and reading books should be brought to school every day
We hope to be able to keep you up to date with everything as the term progresses so keep checking here for news and photos.
The Year 4 Team