We went to Swan House on Monday to sing to the residence. The children sang beautifully.
On Thursday we had an Egyptian day. It was so much fun and the children experienced different jobs from Ancient Egyptian times.
We'd like to welcome our new year fours to an exciting Autumn term.
During this term, will be following a unit of work that focuses on Ancient Egypt.
In history, we will be:
- Finding out about the importance of rivers to ancient civilisations.
- Finding out about the daily life of Ancient Egyptians.
- Learning how to write using Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
- Finding out about the different rulers of Ancient Egypt.
- Finding out about Ancient Egyptian religion and burials.
- Exploring how the pyramids were built.
- Finding out about the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb.
In art and DT, we will be:
- Representing Ancient Egypt through painting, collage and textiles and sculpture.
- Creating Egyptian Shadufs out of wood.
Keep a look out for photographs of what we learning about.
The children love to share their work,